X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playable Demo?

Sorry if this has been brought up but will there be any form of playable demo that we know of? I have a large respect for Creative Assembly and love their games but after A:CM i really want to have a chance to test the game before i pre-order or buy it. From what i have seen so far the game looks great and i can't wait to see more of it!

would LOVE a demo. plz plz plz CA! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Comment

ah memories, of the game industry before they required your blind faith and $60. i doubt this will happen but man would it be nice to get to taste this game before having to commit. surely sega can get why we would want to do that.....

Comment

why was xenonymous banned for?

Comment

• MarkA CA
          MarkA CA commented
          Editing a comment
          He was temporarily banned for abuse to other posters, and he subsequently opened a number of sockpuppet accounts, which have also been closed down. He's back now as Xenonymous, but is certainly on his last chance!

• chainsawsquirrel
          chainsawsquirrel commented
          Editing a comment
          lol :L

Color me as a blind idiot, but frankly I don't need a demo. I'd rather save my ever-rising anticipation and excitement for the final full experience.
        Believe it or not, it DOES actually take a lot to earn this degree of trust from me. Creative Assembly can consider it earned.

In general, I'm with Musta.

Comment

• Stardust
          Stardust commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm with you, and it's not correct to call you a "blind idiot" for that. So far, analyzing every aspect of the game, it seems to be a great execution of this concept and, while really early, it's not wrong to start taking some conclusions about whether or not acquiring it.
          Also, the part about saving anticipation was very interesting. That incredible feel of finally experiencing something so awaited would indeed be spoiled by a demo.

• Derelict Jockey
          Derelict Jockey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks man, you know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by xenonymous was banned View Post
        ah memories, of the game industry before they required your blind faith and $60. i doubt this will happen but man would it be nice to get to taste this game before having to commit. surely sega can get why we would want to do that.....
        Remember the days when your subscription of PC Magazine would come with all the latest demos and software to test out before you actuallly dished out the money...(sigh)

Comment

I probably would never have bothered with a lot of games in my youth if it wasn't for playing their demos. Yes, those were the days. But I think youtube has become a sort of demo for games lately, as most titles I'm interested in or not sure of I tend to check out there first.

But I think I'll be a blind idiot as well for this game. I can't help but be excited for the full game.

Comment

I think a demo would be a really good idea. This game does look great, and i'm pretty sure i'm gonna get it, But there was a lot of people who have been burnt by A:CM. Prometheus as well (remember how good that looked?).

I see no harm in letting people play the same demo members of press got to play, closer to the release date of course. It would help show people this isn't a trick or lie, it's the real deal. Also, a lot of people might get turned off by the no guns idea, but I think if they played it they would probably change their minds so there's another reason to let people try before they buy.

If it's really good, positive word of mouth will spread before the games release and it will build anticipation further.
            Last edited by MR ELIMINATOR; 01-16-2014, 05:33 AM.

Comment

You know what'd be great? They make build for E3, that shows how random the A.I. is and after the showing they say. "And now you, the viewer, can experience this yourself! This demo is avaible on Xbox Live, PSN, and STEAM... right now."

Comment

I can't even imagine how much I'd love that, DABEARDEDXENO!

Comment

I have a high opinion about Creative Assembly, but Rome II was a disaster at launch... Now it is one of my favourite games but when it was released i was shocked. This game looks good, sounds good and seems scary as hell, but i would settle with 5 minutes worth of demo just to see how the alien is in action and get a chance to test it out. This is not criticism against CA because they are one of my favourite studios but i have a problem with SEGA who likes to rush things...

Comment

Originally posted by Greatmalinco View Post
                    I have a high opinion about Creative Assembly, but Rome II was a disaster at launch... Now it is one of my favourite games but when it was released i was shocked. This game looks good, sounds good and seems scary as hell, but i would settle with 5 minutes worth of demo just to see how the alien is in action and get a chance to test it out. This is not criticism against CA because they are one of my favourite studios but i have a problem with SEGA who likes to rush things...
                    Well they started off on the right foot by having the first information about it be hands on,

"Alien: Isolation though, went straight to hands-on, without any preceding hype campaign, and with barely even any developer introduction on the day. Trust me when I say that that’s really, really unusual for a game reveal of this scale. Creative Assembly just wanted us to go straight in and experience what it's created. And it was right to do that. The moment-to-moment experience of playing Alien: Isolation sells itself better than any developer PR spiel or longwinded online promotion campaign could. And that moment-to-moment experience is what I want you to understand today."

http://www.gamesradar.com/alien-isol...nes-right-now/

Comment

Originally posted by janenad View Post
                      I can't even imagine how much I'd love that, DABEARDEDXENO!
                      Yeah pull a microsoft, like what they did with the slim 360s! CA! Make it happen! Pretty please!

I'll give you GREAT YouTube video playthrough...
                      http://www.breakingnewsonline.net/im...ries/bribe.gif

Comment

CA, you've got me convinced. I totally believe the Xeno A.I. is the bomb!!!

But you've also admitted that these scenes are a rarity in the game. So what about the other NPCs? Is their A.I up to anywhere near the same standard? For 90% of the game, will we be interacting with blank-faced stoners, dumb as rocks and bumping into walls like my roomba? Let's hear more about them!!!

Comment

No demo. We would just play it to death and when the final game ships it will be all too familiar and not as chocking, exciting.

Comment

Working...
                          X